Hands-On Support from Our Domestic Violence Lawyer
A domestic dispute can tear a family unit apart at the seams. As well, facing your attacker day after day can lead to emotional damage. When you seek a trusted domestic violence lawyer in Chesapeake, Virginia, look no further than Peterson Law PLC. Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of these complex and complicated matters, and we stand by your side to help you choose the right course of action for a resolution.
The Compassionate Care You Deserve
The rate at which violence occurs in a relationship is increasing at an alarming rate. In fact, about one in four women have experienced violence by a spouse or significant other. The truth is, domestic violence does not discriminate – it can happen to anyone, male or female.
When you find yourself faced with this difficult situation, our team is here to help you. We have handled countless cases throughout the state, and we are ready to protect you, your rights, and your well-being. It is important to note that domestic violence is not just physical. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Emotional Abuse: Damaging Your Sense of Self-Worth
- Physical Abuse: Striking, Kicking, Punching, & Other Forms of Bodily Harm
- Psychological Abuse: Intimidating You, Threatening Physical Harm to You or Said Abuser, & Destroying Property
- Economic (Financial) Abuse: Maintaining Total Control over Finances to Make You Financially Dependent on Said Abuser
- Sexual Abuse: Coercing Sexual Contact without Consent, Treating You in a Sexually Demeaning Manner, & Forcing You to Pose for Explicit Photos
The Importance of Hiring a Domestic Violence Attorney
A domestic violence charge will have an everlasting effect on you and your family. That is just one of the many reasons why you need a domestic violence attorney to stand by your side during this trying time. Look no further than the team from Peterson Law PLC, as they are passionate about the law. Allow them to put their experience and knowledge to work for you to determine the right strategy for your case.
Child Abuse: The Tragic & Devastating Charges
Unfortunately, child abuse happens more often than people want to believe. Abuse, both physical and emotional, leaves behind a lifetime of scarring and sadness. Children need to know that they are not alone, and that the abuse is not their fault. At our firm, we serve as an advocate for the rights of children in these juvenile matters.
To determine if you need the assistance of a child abuse lawyer, you must first determine if abuse is taking place. In short, child abuse is defined as anything that endangers the emotional or physical well-being of a minor. If you suspect that your child or a child you know suffers from abuse at home, take action immediately and call an attorney. These cases often involve:
- Physical Abuse: Kicking, Punching, Hitting, & More
- Neglect: Improper Supervision, Inadequate Food, Negligent with Medical Care
- Emotional Abuse: Directing Vulgar Language toward Child, Calling Child Names, Belittling or Degrading Child, & More
- Sexual Abuse: Forcing Child into Sexual Acts, Making Child Watch Sexual Videos, Playing Sexual Games with Child, & More
Skilled Representation from a Child Abuse Attorney
No one knows what happens behind closed doors. Because of this, a common misconception about child abuse is that it is entirely visible. While broken bones and bruises are clear indications that physical abuse is an occurrence in a child’s life, there is much more to abuse than that.
Jennifer Peterson and her staff have handled a vast array of cases. Allow us to put our extensive experience to work for you to ensure your child is protected from an abuser.
Contact us today to request the assistance of a domestic violence lawyer. We offer support for those facing difficult situations throughout Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk, and Portsmouth, Virginia.